Mohamed loves trying new foods, but in the end he's a Moroccan food lover to the core. So, for his birthday I wanted to go Moroccan, but I also wanted to try something new. This chicken and apricot tajine was really good!
The recipe had a lot of liquid, so I was nervous about making it in the actual tajine. Instead, I went for the dutch oven. You start by heating 1/4 cup of oil over medium heat. Add chicken pieces, 1 large sliced onion, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp black pepper, a pinch of saffron and salt. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is browned.
Once the chicken is browned and the spices are fragrant, add 1 cup of chicken stock and 1 tablespoon of honey. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for around 20 minutes.
Serve with bread and enjoy!
Happy birthday Mohamed!









No comments:
Post a Comment