Monday, October 15, 2012

Room Revamp (the nursery)


Well, it's not just a nursery. As we don't hope to be living here for too much longer it didn't make sense to go all out and spend a lot of money to make a room where a tiny baby would maybe/sometimes sleep.

On the same token, I couldn't imagine not creating some kind of baby specific space (sad!) for my little guy and it seems like such a waste to have an entire second bedroom only being used to store junk.

A few before pictures.  I wish I was earning income for storing all of this stuff!



So, we turned our extra bedroom into a baby/guest room. It's already proven to be awesome to have a place for visitors to sleep that isn't the living room. They feel more comfortable and I don't have to tiptoe around in the mornings avoiding the main room of my apartment.

The first step was emptying and cleaning. It was A MESS and Mohamed did an amazing job. He scrubbed the floors, the windows, the balcony. This room is clean! (for now...)


Next, we (Mohamed) hung the curtains. The curtains were one of very few things that we actually bought for the room. It's a pretty massive jumble of colors and designs as for the most part we used what we already had in the apartment.


These are actually the third set of curtains that I bought. I just couldn't seem to find what I envisioned. So in the end, I just got what was most opposite of my original plan. It works!
Once the room was clean and the curtains were up, I couldn't help but insist on setting everything up immediately! What Mohamed wanted was a nap, but in the end he didn't like watching my dragging things in on my own ;-)

We went for a used pack n' play over a crib, toys are all from a used clothing market

Used changing table/bathtub that still needs a bit of love. New "closet."

These couches used to be in our living room.

The animal drawings were the final touch.  I was inspired by some nursery drawings that I found on Pinterest. They'd certainly look better framed, but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. They were so inexpensive and easy to do!


So, if you feel like coming for a visit, you'll have your own room!

Question of the day- Do you have a multi-functional room in your home? Does it work well for you?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Looks great!! You'll love the changing table. I'm guessing he'll be sleeping in your room, though, right? It will be warmer. And you'll probably wind up moving the changing table to a warmer room. But it all looks great and I'm getting so excited!!